Brass Wizard or Brass Mower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never used one but I would think they would work ok on a flat surface. Deep grass not so much. I think a broom and a dust pan would work better.
Another idea would be taking a kid shooting.
Let them shoot a box of .22 if they pick up your brass.
Get a revolver and a bolt action rifle.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My lower back gives me fits at the range. I use a cheap pick up tool that I bought at Walmart. Ace hardware also has some tools, but they cost a bit more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the pick up tool at ace hardware as well, and have a minnow net on another pole.
Just pick up the brass and drop it into the net. After a couple of dozen rounds, drop the net load into a bucket. Never lean over again.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a similar tool that I bought from Dillon a couple years ago. I think the idea started a long time ago and was originally used to pick up pecans and other nuts. I think the cage openings were made closer together when they started using them for brass pickup. After years of abuse, my back protests when I pick up brass, so I use the tool a lot. It works really well for 45 brass. It does have problems with rough surfaces and rocks. All-in-all, it'd buy it again. I haven't tried dennishoddy's method with the minnow net, but I will.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know of a guy that made his own.
I think it was made from 2 frisbies and a slinky.. or 2 plastic lids and a slinky...either way you get the idea
and cheap ..worked in grass also

Revived

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve used the #1 version of this for a few years… www.bubca.com doesn’t catch 100% but that’s more my fault… better on your back, looks cool and good or bad - you get a lot of attention/questions at the range - ranks as one of my all-time slap my forehead “why didn’t I think of that” shooting products… lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom