Breach Loading the first round in your CCW (semi-auto)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did this once (breach load) on my glock 22 and 35 to see what they would do (using snap caps). The 22 did it no problem and extracted it cleanly. The 35 failed to lock up properly and I had to get a wooden dowel to tap out said snap cap. The 35 is older and has more rounds down the pipe than the 22. Used slingshot method when releasing slide.

Since that experience I learned my lesson.

R

Rhoan Gunny Simpson

Just want to know, has anyone had their glock AD while breach loading. it has happened to my 22 gen4 and my friends 24. We figured the round was not seated properly and the striker was protruding (glock strikers protrude for about half the way when the slide is locking up) hitting the primer.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:scratch: 2009 REALLY?

Im not quite sure if I should chastise you for resurrecting this thread or congratulate you for being the first "noob" to use the search function to find a thread relevant to their issue.

To answer your question, no. Reason being, when it comes to firearms I want to be as safe as possible and to the best of my ability i try to eliminate any points of potential failure. In the end its just not worth it to find out if failure due to breach loading is true or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom