Broward sheriff Scott Israel refuses to resign, touts 'amazing leadership' in interview with Tapper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty much how it used to be but as I'm sure you know it isn't much anymore. And on top of that much of our taxes go to supporting other people's kids(and adults) mistakes.
If I had a grandkid that needed to move in with me, nothing would change on my end.
My sons hated the rules, hated the curfews, hated the getting homework done before going to play with friends, but my goal was to be a parent and not a friend.
Only one has children now, and he has the same rules with his kids that he hated to live under.
Training and leading by example works.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had a grandkid that needed to move in with me, nothing would change on my end.
My sons hated the rules, hated the curfews, hated the getting homework done before going to play with friends, but my goal was to be a parent and not a friend.
Only one has children now, and he has the same rules with his kids that he hated to live under.
Training and leading by example works.

I get what you're saying, still pretty much the exception to the rule these days and look at the results.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, still pretty much the exception to the rule these days and look at the results.
Your correct. It's hard to find parents that want to get off falsebook and get the kids off their vid games to go to the park and walk trails, go fishing, hunt, or just generally be outside.
Video games are the new babysitter. Parents can buy the right system, go out for the evening, come home, and the kid hasn't moved an inch.
That's not right. I don't care if its a cheap diner, get them out, teach them proper handling of silverware, use of a napkin, eating with their mouth closed, and wiping the crap off their chin, including interaction with folks around them they don't know and teach them the art of conversation.
We have lost the art of conversation in our lifetime. Our fingers do our talking these days.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your correct. It's hard to find parents that want to get off falsebook and get the kids off their vid games to go to the park and walk trails, go fishing, hunt, or just generally be outside.
Video games are the new babysitter. Parents can buy the right system, go out for the evening, come home, and the kid hasn't moved an inch.
That's not right. I don't care if its a cheap diner, get them out, teach them proper handling of silverware, use of a napkin, eating with their mouth closed, and wiping the crap off their chin, including interaction with folks around them they don't know and teach them the art of conversation.
We have lost the art of conversation in our lifetime. Our fingers do our talking these days.

Still those things are minimal when you consider that most addicts having drug babies are not being held accountable and are being allowed to keep the kids, what kind of raising do we think those kids are getting?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me thinks the sheriff is toast. Oh, he may not know it yet, but surely, he must be feeling the heat.
I honestly don’t think he is. He is so cocky he probably thinks he is untouchable. Did you see his interview with Jake Tapper in which he made a bazaar comment about “if ifs and buts were candy oj Simpson would still be in the history books”? Tapper said I don’t know what that means. Israel acted like a cocky teenager. Just like he did on the CNN town hall debate. He was bowing his chest out running his mouth about no 18 year old should have a rifle and that AR’s need banned out of existence. The crowd roared with applause and he sat there like he was somebody special. This guy is so full of himself it’s hard to believe. He is more interested in trying to be a celebrity now than he is investigating his departments failure. He don’t care about one single kid in that school. If I were the governor I would have already fired his sorry rear. I hope there are some kind of charges him and his pathetic deputies can be brought up on. If there ain’t then there should be.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My point was we're talking about assault, a violent act not graffiti, pulling a fire alarm, or even petty theft. If committing a violent act on an authority figure is not enough to turn it over to juvie what is? Are kids basically excused for criminal acts with a slap on the hand if nobody is seriously hurt or killed? And if you read my other post in the "Schools today" thread about the Green case it raises questions about how much accountability there is even when juvenile court is involved.

IMO, this only addresses suspensions, not other actions. It is and should be at the discretion of the school to determine suspensions and expulsions, with mechanisms for redress of course.

Kids get in fights and unless someone goes to the hospital, should probably be handled internally and with the parents/guardians. Any student assaulting a teacher or other school staff should be detained and subject to law enforcement investigation. If a felony was committed, or a misdemeanor in the presence of the LEO, and arrest should be made. That process should NOT be subject to school administration control or review. There should NEVER be a school policy or procedure discouraging the reporting or investigating of a crime, particularly a violent one.

Sadly, some schools and even municipalities and counties discourage crime reporting and investigations, because they make up the statistics by which that jurisdiction is judged by. They're gaming the system to make themselves look better than they are, while failing to recognize that they're actually making their crime problems worse, not better. :(

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, this only addresses suspensions, not other actions. It is and should be at the discretion of the school to determine suspensions and expulsions, with mechanisms for redress of course.

Kids get in fights and unless someone goes to the hospital, should probably be handled internally and with the parents/guardians. Any student assaulting a teacher or other school staff should be detained and subject to law enforcement investigation. If a felony was committed, or a misdemeanor in the presence of the LEO, and arrest should be made. That process should NOT be subject to school administration control or review. There should NEVER be a school policy or procedure discouraging the reporting or investigating of a crime, particularly a violent one.

Sadly, some schools and even municipalities and counties discourage crime reporting and investigations, because they make up the statistics by which that jurisdiction is judged by. They're gaming the system to make themselves look better than they are, while failing to recognize that they're actually making their crime problems worse, not better. :(
And let's don't forget that the "make themselves look better than they are" isn't just driven by their image to parents. There's also a financial incentive, courtesy of the federal government: money gets doled out based in part on crime statistics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom