Browning A Bolt vs X Bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently went down this path. I chose the x-bolt after comparing the 2. Trigger is nice, factory bedded, open bolt without taking gun off safe as well. Went with the synthetic duratouch stock as well, doesn't look as pretty as wood but not concerned with looks. Found it online for not much more than bass pro wanted for an a-bolt.

LungShot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own an A-Bolt stalker chambered in 270 Winchester. I wanted the X-Bolt, but I'd rather have more money for a quality optic given the budget I was on.

I don't have any regrets at all. My A-Bolt shoots minute of angle, the trigger is excellent, the stock is glass bedded and floated and has a detachable magazine which is all metal.

If money wasn't an object I'd go with the X-Bolt simply because it's prettier, svelte and somewhat modern. Both are excellent guns.

FWIW I bought my A-Bolt for $520 new, bought a like new used Leupold VXIII 3.5x10 40mm scope for $300 at a Pawn Shop and some absolutely wickedly awesome DNZ scope rings for about $55. The DNZ rings are incredible. The base is integrated with the rings, which are thick forged aluminum hard anodized flat black.

Google DNZ scope rings, trust me there are no better rings for the Browning A and X bolt rifles. None, there's no way anybody could build a better scope ring/mount than the DNZ.

Latest posts

Top Bottom