Why does nobody make an AR platform bolt action upper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's not as popular as an AR but with the seeming Renaissance of bolt actions and more and more getting back into them, seems someone would make a somewhat basic upper/bolt combo to build up. I see Uintah or whatever sells complete uppers...but man they seem kinda expensive for what it is and you're stuck with their limited selection. Sure seems for around $200 it would be viable for a bolt/upper combo to finish out with barrel, furniture and etc of your choice.
I remember during the Clinton ban that there were pump action ak47 on the market. And i think there were some straight pull ar15 also.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we are on a similar wavelength, but different expectation.

Ruger can make an entire gun with stock, maxwell, trigger group etc for under half the cost of what's available for just a bolt action upper.

Just seems with how popular guns like that are, an inexpensive option that you can toss onto your lower of choice would be a home run.

Volume of that type of bolt action allows for fair pricing. A bolt upper would be so niche that it would have to be more expensive than your comparison.

lMO it's not a good business decision to tool up a bolt upper and that is likely why you don't see them.

Solution to a nonexistent problem.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call me a raving cynic, but,,,
The only reason I can think of for a bolt action AR,,,
Would be if the Demon-crats finally got a semi-auto ban passed.

Okay, there may be another reason,,,
That reason being,,,
Why Not!

Aarond

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me a raving cynic, but,,,
The only reason I can think of for a bolt action AR,,,
Would be if the Demon-crats finally got a semi-auto ban passed.

Okay, there may be another reason,,,
That reason being,,,
Why Not!

Aarond
Or a lever action AR.

1702615046693.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom