Browning Buck Mark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this model about two years ago, http://www.browning.com/products/ca...&content=buck-mark-plus-rosewood-udx-firearms

I love this pistol. But, it’s like bad love.

Every trip to the range involves a few FTEs. It really gets bad with lead rounds. Sometimes it gets frustrating. When I first got this pistol I had tons of FTF and FTEs…..Shite! The more I shoot it the better, incrementally it gets.

The good. It fits my hand like a glove, very, very accurate. When it’s on, it’s on. I like it because it’s cheap to shoot, very cheap. I like the looks; I think it’s a classic design.

Would I buy this pistol over again? Yeah. It’s a bad love but I can’t help myself.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.22LR semi-auto's are dependent on the ammo, as well as being sufficiently clean to run. This is in addition to any mechanical issues.

The Buckmark has a couple areas where screw looseness will cause problems. First is the screws in the area of the rear sight. If loose, they will chew up slide energy. Second is the barrel screw, which is located in front of the trigger guard. A loose barrel screw will eventually cause loss of the extractor parts.

Any .22 is ammo dependent and won't run well with some lots of some maker's ammo. This "like" will change with time as makers cycle through manufacturing tolerances. In general, a .22 pistol is more likely to be happy with a copper washed bullet. It certainly will run better if the outside of the bullet isn't excessively lubed. Heavy lube is okay for single shot .22 rifles. Some bullet shapes run better in a semi-auto pistol.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my buckmark about a year ago. It's just like yours but has the rubber URX grip. As with other .22 autos it gets dirty rather quickly. Then again, it's nothing to go through 200 rounds. Do that with a center fire auto and it gets dirty too. But, the little .22 is working hard to cycle a slide in the first place. I shoot either the cheapest stuff available or CCI mini mag. Even when dirty it operates better with the CCI ammo. So I trade off. Make sure you take a little time to clean your magazines too. I hardly ever clean my center fire mags. But I always pull the follower down on .22 mags and run a damp cleaning patch down it. .22s also get grit up in the extractor claw and spring. Push against it to make it pivot. If it feels gritty it needs to be cleaned.
I love my Buckmark far more than I ever did the ruger mkII I got rid of several years ago. I hope it will become a "good love" for your Buckmark before long.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A drop of red loctite put on these screw will prevent the screws from coming loose. I know I did it to mine. My Buckmark will not do Remington golden bullets in the bulk pack. I have tried many times they just will not work properely. However I tried an experiment once with Federal bulk pack. I shot 700 rounds through it without cleaning. It was still shooting even though it was filthy. Mine also works very well with Winchester bulk or CCI. Try these two things and I bet your reliability and fun factor go up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shoot steel challenges, game, and whatever with the Ruger Mark III Hunter.
Several thousands of rounds later without cleaning it still runs. Ammo missfires are the only thing that stops it. Mostly rem bulk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom