Buckmark, lets talk...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I was searching for a good reliable pistol to teach my wife with as well as keep the fun factor in it for plinking around on the cheap. After reading on here for several days I have decided on a Browning Buckmark, they seem to get the best reviews hands down. Even by owners of a different brand.

So now comes finding one. I know Academy carries them, I'll swing by there to see what all series they sell. But does anyone have a inside track on the cheapest place locally (in the Tulsa area) to purchase one?

Sports World on 41st,Sooner guns on mingo south of 61st.:musketeers:

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent choice! I love my Buckmark. I have owned many .22LR Target pistols and I like my Buckmark the best.

I bought mine at Academy on 81st, but Sports World on 41st has them also. Just depends on who is having a sale at the time. You might check at Medlocks in Collinsville.

Get one with the Hi-Viz / Tru-Glo sights from the factory. I paid extra to add them after the fact and later saw the same gun with them installed for about the same price.

Yea, I like the URX grip style. The Practical model has the URX grip & the Truglo sights stock.

I have already looked into the Tac-sol barrels & cans. If I do that it'll be on down the road.

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I was searching for a good reliable pistol to teach my wife with as well as keep the fun factor in it for plinking around on the cheap. After reading on here for several days I have decided on a Browning Buckmark, they seem to get the best reviews hands down. Even by owners of a different brand.

I bought the camper model to teach my wife to shoot. It is a Great pistol for teaching a new shooter!! I found the best price at Academy!

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also suggest Sports World, they keep several on-hand that aren't the average run-of the mill Buckmark's. They also have others that you can compare to, like the Model 41:naughty:. I know people recommend the Buckmark over the (all metal) Ruger mostly because the perceived difficulty in breaking down the Ruger, but after doing it once it's not difficult at all, if that is a concern, the Model 41 is the easiest to field strip.

Not that I'm trying to talk you into something else, but I've owned several semi-auto .22's (unfortunately not a Walther, though they had all three, the OSP, GSP and SP22 at H&H last time I was there), but my favorite .22 to just go out and shoot is a 10 shot 617 revolver, which they also have at Sports World that you can check out to see if it interests you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom