Buckmark, lets talk...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I was searching for a good reliable pistol to teach my wife with as well as keep the fun factor in it for plinking around on the cheap. After reading on here for several days I have decided on a Browning Buckmark, they seem to get the best reviews hands down. Even by owners of a different brand.

So now comes finding one. I know Academy carries them, I'll swing by there to see what all series they sell. But does anyone have a inside track on the cheapest place locally (in the Tulsa area) to purchase one?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy in Edmond has the camper for $279, which is about as cheap as you"ll find a new one. You could also check into ordering one and having it shipped to a local FFL. If you want it locally, your best bet is probably Academy.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, I looked at Academy online. I need to go in-store to see what all they have in though. Might do that on lunch this week. I'm not in a big hurry.

Does anyone normally carry these at the big gunshow that comes thru Tulsa & if so are they ever any cheaper if bought there?

5MinuteMajor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy will be your best bet, by far. I bought the Buckmark URX (UGX?) model last summer and researched into it quite a bit. Academy is the cheapest.

FYI, Tactical Solutions makes the best accessories for the buckmarks. I have the Tac-Sol Picatinny Rail on my buckmark right now. MidwayUSA carries all that stuff for a good price too.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy will be your best bet, by far. I bought the Buckmark URX (UGX?) model last summer and researched into it quite a bit. Academy is the cheapest.

FYI, Tactical Solutions makes the best accessories for the buckmarks. I have the Tac-Sol Picatinny Rail on my buckmark right now. MidwayUSA carries all that stuff for a good price too.

Another thing, TACSOL barrels are super light weight and you can even get them already threads for a can. I think the barrels from them are aluminum with a steel sleeve. They also come in different colors and are very easy to install with just a couple of tools.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I was searching for a good reliable pistol to teach my wife with as well as keep the fun factor in it for plinking around on the cheap. After reading on here for several days I have decided on a Browning Buckmark, they seem to get the best reviews hands down. Even by owners of a different brand.

So now comes finding one. I know Academy carries them, I'll swing by there to see what all series they sell. But does anyone have a inside track on the cheapest place locally (in the Tulsa area) to purchase one?

Excellent choice! I love my Buckmark. I have owned many .22LR Target pistols and I like my Buckmark the best.

I bought mine at Academy on 81st, but Sports World on 41st has them also. Just depends on who is having a sale at the time. You might check at Medlocks in Collinsville.

Get one with the Hi-Viz / Tru-Glo sights from the factory. I paid extra to add them after the fact and later saw the same gun with them installed for about the same price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom