Bugout Fitness Videos??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a bugout fitness training videos out there? Let's face it, a lot of us are not in the shape needed to tote at bugout bag and a rifle, etc for more than a couple blocks, so, what have you seen?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything related to specifically to bugging out...but when you get down to it fitness is fitness.

If you can't carry a pack and a rifle more than a few blocks, the only way to go is up right? Look at a "Couch to 5K" running program (there's a fun one for the iPhone called Zombies. Run!), throw in some basic pushups and situps to get a good base of aerobic and muscular strength and then branch out from there.

As for the videos, I don't like any of them. My wife uses P90X and loves it, and I love the results ;-). But I can't be trapped in my living room jumping around like a kangaroo....I hit the road and the backyard.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beginner strength training routine mixed with aerobic exercise to improve efficient rates of oxidation endurance. Squats, deadlifts, overhead press, bench press, and pull-ups along with jogging or cycling on to of your non-lifting days. 4-5 hours a week and proper diet can give amazing results. Try to add small amounts of weight as you can and more distance as you are able, to continue adaption of your body.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything related to specifically to bugging out...but when you get down to it fitness is fitness.

If you can't carry a pack and a rifle more than a few blocks, the only way to go is up right? Look at a "Couch to 5K" running program (there's a fun one for the iPhone called Zombies. Run!), throw in some basic pushups and situps to get a good base of aerobic and muscular strength and then branch out from there.

As for the videos, I don't like any of them. My wife uses P90X and loves it, and I love the results ;-). But I can't be trapped in my living room jumping around like a kangaroo....I hit the road and the backyard.

Ai yi yi ... :drooling: That would most definitely do the trick ...

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After you get some basic cardio, Insanity is pretty good for people that don't have a gym membership. Well it is good for anyone. Unless you are an elite athlete, plan to have your ass kicked every time. You do not need any equipment for it either.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done the P90X, it's a great program, but you do have to dedicate yourself to "pushing the play button" every day. I also have the Insanity, it's a great cardio workout, and no equipment needed. These days, I try to run a few miles with my pack/camelbak on the trails, and at least one day running w/o the pack. I mix in some weights and the ab ripper video from P90X (it's only 16 minutes) about twice or three times a week.
I do like the P90X better than Insanity, esp for someone just getting in to shape. Take it slow, and don't try to kill yourself. Drink water all day, cut out the Coke. There was a thread on here, "preppers and fitness" - some like weight training over running, but both have benefits.

If you decide to buy a dvd set, make sure you get it from Beachbody, not Craigslist. The Beachbody folks back up their dvds with lifetime guarantee. The other knockoffs won't even play half the time. (I found out the hard way)

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember if you are doing something like P90X that proper form and moving while maintain proper anatomical movement is important.

The group that does p90x at my gym learned to give me a wide berth. Strong people are harder to kill and more useful in general is a fairly basic truth.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember if you are doing something like P90X that proper form and moving while maintain proper anatomical movement is important.

The group that does p90x at my gym learned to give me a wide berth. Strong people are harder to kill and more useful in general is a fairly basic truth.

How did they learn that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom