Building a AR15 rifle? - Who makes the best parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far the the easy choices for me are:
Magpul PMags
ERGO Pistol Grip (Ambi)
Magpul ACS Stock
Magpul MBUS front and rear sights
Magpul ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point
Grip Pod Automatic Tactical BiPod Foregrip
UTG Carbine Quad Rail (or VTAC)

I am also thinking of a complete lower from Rock River Arms or SpikesTactical

Still need some suggestion for a upper with 16" barrel and bolt carrier group.

Thanks y'all :)

Kill the UTG and you have a good build. Check BCM, http://www.bravocompanyusa.com, for barrels and bolts. I'm a big fan of the ACS, but it's really not a new idea in stock world.

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

That link should answer most of your questions regarding rifle/parts quality and what to look for. This chart was designed a while ago by a guy who puts many thousands of rounds down range every year, he knows what to look for in a good AR. You can also check out his website www.tacticalyellowviser.com

That said, BCM is probably your best bet as far as quality and affordability go. There is also LWRC, Colt, LMT, Noveske, etc. Spikes makes a good rifle, about on par with Daniel Defense (maybe a little better?).

89hits

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Colt and you won't wish later that you had.Although others are good, they still aren't COLTS. Boy, this should start some crap! I just have had much better luck starting with the Colts.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Colt and you won't wish later that you had.Although others are good, they still aren't COLTS. Boy, this should start some crap! I just have had much better luck starting with the Colts.

That's because you couldn't afford a Noveske and upgrade that crappy Cold warranty (or avoid all their recalls).

That my friend, is how you start some crap (I'm kidding before any of the colt-fanboys get their panties in a wad).

I was waiting on someone to post "the chart".

In before Butt-hurt begins.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because you couldn't afford a Noveske and upgrade that crappy Cold warranty (or avoid all their recalls).

That my friend, is how you start some crap (I'm kidding before any of the colt-fanboys get their panties in a wad).

I was waiting on someone to post "the chart".

In before Butt-hurt begins.

LOL!

Someone post the chart!

Latest posts

Top Bottom