Bullet Pullers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you using to pull bullets out of cases? I tried the Frankford Arsenal Impact hammer but the O rings stretch out which prevents the collets from holding together. I'm thinking there has to be a better solution I just don't know what it is.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you using to pull bullets out of cases? I tried the Frankford Arsenal Impact hammer but the O rings stretch out which prevents the collets from holding together. I'm thinking there has to be a better solution I just don't know what it is.
Use your shell holders in the hammer type. Makes loading a road to pull, much easier.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I use that without issue. You do have to use the correct size collet and make sure the cap is screwed down tight enough so that it doesn't move. If it's not, the collet will move around. If you use the wrong collet, your round can pass though it.
Also, I whack it on the end of a hardwood board...it keeps a lot more of it's energy then and is easier...don't be afraid of swinging that thing either.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had this happen with my RCBS impact hammer. I replaced the O ring with a small rubber band, doubled around, until I found some replacement O rings.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you reload get a pulling die, I use the RCBS puller

097B82B5-73C8-4080-9F2D-45A27EA8EBE0.jpeg

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends. Factory ammo, I use collets. If I stumble across a bunch of reloads, I use Grip N Pulls. Way faster, but they lack the ability to break a factory crimp loose on a lot of rounds.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have 140 grain 6.5 bullets sooo, I’ve been buying 125gr creedmoor ammo because that’s what’s been showing up. I pull the 125’rs and load them into my Grendel brass. Replacing the pulled 125ers with my 140’s for CR. It makes for an easy swap.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people will seat the bullet a bit farther into the case to break the bond between case and bullet then use the inertia hammer or the collet puller.

I have a homemade inertia puller
Piece of wood with a hole drilled through it just large enough for the round to fit into and then I place a shell holder onto the case and insert into the hole and slam it on a steel bench press weight a few times.

I have read where someone took an old wooden chair leg and made his so it has a long handle.
I crammed a foam ear plug in the bottom of the drilled hole so the bullet lands on that and does not get messed up.

Cleaned cases with homemade powder coated lead bullets have not been able to come out of the cases for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom