Burris rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sad when you have to send your business over the internet to get the things you need, it sucks to be different than the norm but I guess I can understand that they can't carry everything for everyone! sure wish I could keep some money in town though. Oh well. Later,

Kirk

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume you're talking about Posi-Ligns? Burris doesn't do a good job marketing these, but they are the best/easiest mount around. I've got (IIRC) a medium (or high, but I'm pretty sure they're med) set of rings ANIB, and full set of inserts, for use with the double-DT bases.

Shoot me a pm, if you want.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need the Weaver style rings, I have a +20MOA base that I have to have but the scope ran out of adjustment and I need about 5" more to the right. I see that Midway has them and thinking about giving the ol Coke can shims a try if that doesn't work looks like I'll have to get me some. Later,

Kirk

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Methinks you need to sit down with someone and go over the setup. A 20 MOA base is usually for some loooong-a**ed shots, or for elevation with a 1-2x scope to eliminate barrel shadow. If your lateral adjustment is maxed, and you're still 5" off at 100 yards, the scope is bad(repeatedly mounted on different guns?), the bedding is bad/loose, or the mount is bad/loose or the drill & tap was, "less than stellar". It could be a few things, but those are common culprits.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do shoot long range and yes the +20MOA is needed I've been shooting and hunting long range for years, I don't know what you would consider long shots but I normally shoot out to 1K so you see the need for the +20MOA base, hunting I am confident too 500 so until I feel confident at longer ranges I'll not try on game animals. The reason the scope ran out of adjustment is due to me not paying attention when drilling and tapping the scope mount holes the first time out (this action was from my first build) My 308 that I built the scope had a mess of travel so I didn't notice but when I rebarreled to 284 Win and changed scopes (Nikon 1" tube) the problem raised it's head. I was told about the Burris rings with offsets and thought that this option would be much cheaper than a new scope.

I know what's wrong with the rifle heck I built it! I just needed information on the rings if they could be had in town (Okc) Fella's thanks for the info and Rob72 I'm not bashing on ya granted the above post my sound that way so don't take it that way cool. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my Burris Signature Zee Rings and inserts yesterday put inthe +.010 inserts to move POI to the right and it moved 7" at 100 yards so now I'm back in business have plenty of adjustment in the scope!

Well I know now that the Burris Zee rings are a great product if there is an issue with the base mounting screw holes being drilled a little off, lesson learned to pay attention to the indiator while drilling! Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom