Bushmaster ACR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recall on the ACR.

http://bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf

Glad I didn't bet my $2K+ on it.....

This is not surprising with a new platform, but come on. How do you miss that during the design/testing stage.

I havn't found a better deal in my opinion on an upgraded ar platform rifle than the sr556, except maybe one from lwrc which is more expensive but probably worth it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not surprising with a new platform, but come on. How do you miss that during the design/testing stage.

I havn't found a better deal in my opinion on an upgraded ar platform rifle than the sr556, except maybe one from lwrc which is more expensive but probably worth it.

I wouldn't hold my breath if your expecting Ruger to not issue a recall :-)

Reaction score
Hitler sure didn't care for it when he found out how much it cost!

True dat!

Recall on the ACR.

http://bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf

Glad I didn't bet my $2K+ on it.....

Rut-roh - it's doubling up. Wonder if this is as issued, or with guys who have "improved" the trigger by filing on the sear and/or hammer?

Held a SCAR the other day, I hated it.

Could you tell us why, please, kind sir?

The Rob XCR in my estimation, would be the shizzle, but for lack of barrel configs.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a piston-driven poodle popper, there are some options that would be less money for probably better quality... the SIG 556 and Robinson XCR to name a couple off the top of my head.

I'm not really convinced that the piston driven stuff is the way to go, anyway for the 5.56. I don't think you'd see too much of a difference in reliability between those and a good quality AR from a reputable manufacturer. The price and availabiity of parts tip things seriously in favor of the plain old AR if you ask me. You could probably build something that is twice the rifle of that ACR for half the money if you use good parts.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is wrong with AR15 platform, again? I mean there is an "explosion" of alternatives - but why? Left-handed shooters, maybe?

P.S. $2k for a machine gun over the counter - not bad :)

jstevens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had my ACR for a few months now. I paid just over 2k for mine...... Yes I am an ACR owner, and it is way too much money. With that said I do love it. I have had no problems other than it is way to heavy, and it is a 1-9 barrel. I do think that when all of the options come out for this rifle it will be sweet. Bushmaster has just started to sell some of the stock and forend options. I love that you can take the barrel off in under 30 seconds, and change it. This helps when you clean it. I looked at the scar prior to picking up the ACR. I picked the ACR, because 1. American made. This means that I will be able to pick up spare factory parts. The scar has been out way longer than the ACR and has anyone seen a short barrel for one? I have been told that it has to do with the federal import laws we have, and it is made over seas. If you have any questions about this rifle I will answer them the best I can. BTY if you are a fan of the HK g36 you will be happy with the ACR. We put them side by side and they look like they are close cousins. Again I have had no problems with mine. First time I took mine out I dumped 100 rounds as fast as I could and I had no problems other than I was a 100 rounds less ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom