Butt-Out Tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to hijack anothers thread....

Absolutely. Makes it SO much easier. Pop it in, twist and pull slowly, then tie it off with the parachute cable I carry and cut off the rest of it. Keeps me from splitting the bone or nicking something smelly. They're cheap and a great tool.

Someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. I got one as a gag gift once, but I actually used it. It worked like a charm on the intestine. When I got to the inside, the intestine just pulled thru with the other guts.

The problem was the bladder. I couldn't get the danged bladder out without splitting the pelvis.

Is the Butt-Out supposed to help loosen up the bladder as well as the intestine? If not, I got no use for it since I had to split the pelvis anyway.

I tried sticking a knife down in there to loosen the bladder, but couldn't get it fully loosened. Do I just need to get a fillet knife..?

I've never completely cleaned a deer without splitting the pelvis.....

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those things are a ripoff. :mad::mad::mad:

I bought one, and the next time I shot a deer I used it. It hurt like hell going in and didn't make gutting the deer any easier. Then to top it off, I couldn't remove it on my own and had to go to the hospital.

Yeah, that was a real time saver. :rolleyes:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I bought one, and the next time I shot a deer I used it. It hurt like hell going in and didn't make gutting the deer any easier. Then to top it off, I couldn't remove it on my own and had to go to the hospital.

I did feel a bit dirty using it..! Had to look around in the woods to make sure nobody was watching...

ruckerduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Numbnuts! You forgot the lube!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I use mine, sometimes I don't. The new improved model appears to have a stop. It's also longer than the original recipe.

It's almost a solution in search of a problem. As to splitting the pelvis, I really like to use a shingling hatchet. Fast, crude, effective. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To split the pelvis, I use a wire saw. Its been around for many years. Ranchers use them to dehorn goats, etc.
A company has modified the wire with some handles that allow one to push it through the pelvis, then seperate the handles, and saw through it. Works great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom