Buy a gun or sell the ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sell the ammo or buy the guns?

• Sell the ammo and buy more that I already own.

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Buy guns to go with the pile of ammo

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of random exotic ammo that I've managed to acquire but have nothing to shoot them. This include 375 Win, 300H&H, 458 Lott and maybe others. I keep having this debate --- should I buy a gun for the ammo, or just put it on the block. I mean, they all seem like fun calibers, but they are all expensive calibers.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably be the pariah in the crowd; the turd in the punch bowl, so to speak, but I'm for selling/trading the ammo for something you can use.

I'm at the point of consolidating some of my shooting. I want to pare it down to a manageable number of chamberings. That number is as yet undetermined, but it's going to be fewer than I currently have.

I have concluded that having 15+ different chamberings means I don't shoot any of them enough to be proficient.

Wasteful.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are all loads meant for the same sorta thing. If I was in your shoes I would pick my favorite/whatever I had the most ammo of, sell the rest, and buy a rifle for that remaining caliber. I’ve been holding onto a mess of 410 ammo for a long time, need to buy a shotgun for it. I think I’ve picked out what I want, just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, so far the small sample size is split even. 375 H&H I've got tons of....I actually need to sell one of the three. but the others are just collecting dust sadly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom