Buyers market or Sellers Market - Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a pretty conversation with a friend this evening concerning this topic and thought I would throw it out there to discuss here.

I personally think that it is slightly a buyers market right now, but not by much. It seems to have slowly declined since the election of our current POTUS. We all know that it was a rediculous sellers market following his election. I think that people have less money to throw at their hobbies as of lately and that is causing the market to slowly shift in favor of the buyers.

Any other thoughts?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on where you are at. Around here the economy is doing alright, other places not so much. In those places people are selling things to stay above water. Proably selling cheap.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i was checking out some gun pics on google to get some ideas for a build and one of the pics was from another state gun forum and they had glocks selling regularly in their classifieds for 380-400. I was shocked, I even joined it and solicited a few to mail them to me partly being facetious yet hoping to get lucky. lol

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Past few years has certainly been a seller's market for hi-cap semi-auto pistols and AK & AR platform rifles. I think it might be cooling off a litttle because I see more and more black rifles, etc. coming on the market from private parties that indicate the firearm has a low round count. Again, that's just what I think; my area of interest is mostly with vintage and collectible rifles, especially Marlin & Winchester levers. High end or high condition collector rifle market may be OK, but the moderate priced vintage rifles I am interested in are pretty much a buyer's market - if there are any buyers left. I think most people that have nice levers are holding on to them until times get better. I see some posted on GunBroker at high reserve prices that have been there forever with no bites.

Collector rifle market was very volatile in the late 70's and early 80's when the oil boom crashed. Prior to the crash some folks were investing collector prices in shooter grade Winchesters that dropped in value by 50% or more after the crash.

Cedar Creek

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I think most markets are still strong (price-wise), I do notice a slight drop in some pricing. This seems to be more in other states while OK seems to be maintaining it's high prices---in some cases, ridiculously high prices

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the market will soften more for everything but the "high end collectibles", unless we see another round of "panic buying" which is what inflated the "hi-cap semi-auto pistols and AK & AR platform/Black gun" market to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom