Buying Beer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm nearly 70 years old and some stores (not Walmart or liquor stores) want to see my ID before they sell beer to me. This is insulting as all they have to do is be sure they aren't selling to a minor. When I let them know this makes me very unhappy, some of them tell me it's state law. It's not.

I suppose one solution is to buy my beer from liquor stores, or Walmart as they don't demand ID from a man my age.

Ridiculous.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the last liquor laws passed required 100% ID no matter what the age?
New Mexico and other states do as well. Our new homeland store swipes your id before selling beer.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all gets scanned into a big computer somewhere and when you go to buy insurance
and check the boxes that you don't drink or smoke. AH HA! They got you.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sort of same topic.
A few years ago, Target wanted to scan my driver's license at the checkout.

I had about 3 items, one of them was cold medicine that SPECIFICALLY SAID it didn't contain any pseudo ephedrine. The package I picked up was sitting on the store shelf, not behind the pharmacy counter.
Standing at checkout with cash; the computer terminal told the clerk she need to scan my DL.
I asked why and was told it was because I was buying cold medicine.
Politely smiled said I guess I won't get that cold medicine today, paid for other items with cash and left.

Yes I had my valid DL with me. Whole situation just rubbed me the wrong way.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm nearly 70 years old and some stores (not Walmart or liquor stores) want to see my ID before they sell beer to me. This is insulting as all they have to do is be sure they aren't selling to a minor. When I let them know this makes me very unhappy, some of them tell me it's state law. It's not.

I suppose one solution is to buy my beer from liquor stores, or Walmart as they don't demand ID from a man my age.

Ridiculous.

I"m damn near 60, with snow white hair, I get ID'd all the time. I couldn't care less. I'm not going to take them into my employ if they get fired for not abiding by the policies of their employer, so I just let them do it, cause it causes me zero harm.

I'm too old to let silly **** like this ruin my day.

If this is the worst thing that happened to you that day, I'd say you had a pretty good day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom