Buying Beer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think, in part, it has to do with brain development. But that might not have been the reasoning used.

And how would you discourage black market sales? I mean, it's illegal to sell to anyone under 21, yet the market will always be there. So, aside from laws, how would you keep someone from trying to profit from that market?

Laws and government are not a substitute for parenting.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most laws come about due to the lack of self-control of society in general. Most of us learned the value of self-control from our parents and other people in our social circles.

Think of the world we would have if everyone was allowed to just act whatever way we wanted.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
true. Who says this one is having 'little impact' though? Just because it casts a wide net, doesn't mean it isn't effective.
Underage alcohol consumption is almost a rite of passage for teenagers. I'm struggling to see how the current laws are having much impact except to promote disrespect for the legal system.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Underage alcohol consumption is almost a rite of passage for teenagers. I'm struggling to see how the current laws are having much impact except to promote disrespect for the legal system.

rite of passage? seems like poor parenting...

in the college town i live in, underage drinking laws have a big impact on things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom