Cabela's deceptive advertisement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this ad misleading? The header clearly says Black Friday Sale, Nov. 20-26.
Maybe it's me not reading fine print but I find it deceptive. I drove 40 miles one way only to have my items in my basket
ring up at regular prices. I never liked their credit card anyway so I cut it up. I have never in my life complained to a store manager
but this time I did. They would not honor the sale price. There were other customers waiting in line and they agreed it was bait and switch. Oh well.
I was after the smoker on page 5, saw the header sale date and went to page 5.

View attachment 431029
View attachment 431033
We Family won't shop there anymore. Son bought a gun there paid $650. Had it for a couple months. Gun had some issues so he wanted to take it in and trade it for another. Gun was still in mint condition. Cabela's would only offer him $300. in trade. What a ripoff. Went back a week later and they had it for sale at $550. Nuff said.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Standard Black Friday Sales

1700702136486.png

If they sell one for sale price Is all they need to do.
Example Best Buy: Customers start standing in line Thursday night trying to be the person that gets the one sale Item.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We Family won't shop there anymore. Son bought a gun there paid $650. Had it for a couple months. Gun had some issues so he wanted to take it in and trade it for another. Gun was still in mint condition. Cabela's would only offer him $300. in trade. What a ripoff. Went back a week later and they had it for sale at $550. Nuff said.
What did Academy offer you? Doesn’t matter what condition gun was in, they probably offered you as much as Sooner State Pawn would. On a broken gun ‘in mint condition’. Best course of action would have been to use the warranty and sell the repaired or replaced firearm. Hell, H&H would probably only offer to consign it for you. Also, Cabelas does run sales, and deal on used guns, so what they have it for sale for, and what it sells for are two different things.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there today. The smoker had a $99 tag on it REG price $149.

Nowhere did it say Friday only. In fact, the stuck on label said Nov 10th through something but I can't remember. I didn't have my cell phone with me.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an FYI if interested. The wife called to complain and it was basically a 'sweat shop' that handles complaints for many retail companies. They kept asking 'what can we do to right the problem', or something like that. And offered a $20 gift card more than once to make it go away. She finally realized they weren't gonna honor the price and they took my phone number but never called. I really wanted to smoke a Boston Pork Butt this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom