Cabela's deceptive advertisement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know ... 🤔🤔🤔 I dunno how I wound up here. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cabella's did him wrong. They need to fix it. But they won't. And I still need a new phone. 😉😂😂😂
Look at Google Fi and let the Google be your carrier, I've used it for years. They buy capacity on mostly T-mobiles network (after all the mergers) and basically pick which network will give you the best call. It works best with Android phones but you can use an iPhone, I just never have. Not sure what you are comfortable with. I have the cheapest unlimited data plan for 4 people and am quite happy with it.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banner says "Week-long sale prices starting on page 9" in large print. Nothing obfuscatory, distracting or misleading. You went to page 5. It's always somebody else's fault when in fact we don't read all of the ad and just make assumptions and go on. I'm quite sure that ad will pass any AG compliance screening. Please don't be the embodiment of a male "Karen" when you are the one who erred. I am not a BP apologist or fanboi. I rarely shop there or Cabelas. I guess growing up in Springfield whetted all my whistles but for gosh sakes, man. Grow up and admit you effed up.

Last edited:

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banner says "Week-long sale prices starting on page 9" in large print. Nothing obfuscatory, distracting or misleading. You went to page 5. It's always somebody else's fault when in fact we don't read all of the ad and just make assumptions and go on. I'm quite sure that ad will pass any AG compliance screening. Please don't be the embodiment of a male "Karen" when you are the one who erred. I am not a BP apologist or fanboi. I rarely shop there or Cabelas. I guess growing up in Springfield whetted all my whistles but for gosh sakes, man. Grow up and admit you effed up.
Nov. 20-26
I went by the numbers. Black Friday Sale means nothing but an 'event'. There was nothing 'Black' that I could decipher from the add so why try to make 'Friday' a requirement? How can one discard the date shown under 'Black Friday Sale'? Week Long?

Last edited:

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nov. 20-26
I went by the numbers. Black Friday Sale means nothing but an 'event'. There was nothing 'Black' that I could decipher from the add so why try to make 'Friday' a requirement? How can one discard the date shown under 'Black Friday Sale'? Week Long?
No sympathy here, bro. It's clear as a bell if you read the whole banner. Page 9 is in the same font as the rest of the banner. You erred. Worse, you Karened. Yes, that is now a verb. Move on lest you be taunted a second time.

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nov. 20-26
Is English your second language? It Cleary states "hot buys start black Friday", on the top of the ad, LOL

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this ad misleading? The header clearly says Black Friday Sale, Nov. 20-26.
Maybe it's me not reading fine print but I find it deceptive. I drove 40 miles one way only to have my items in my basket
ring up at regular prices. I never liked their credit card anyway so I cut it up. I have never in my life complained to a store manager
but this time I did. They would not honor the sale price. There were other customers waiting in line and they agreed it was bait and switch. Oh well.
I was after the smoker on page 5, saw the header sale date and went to page 5.

View attachment 431029

View attachment 431033

I was seriously considering trying to get one of the Axis rifles they have on sale in .270, but their site, both BP and Cabela's died yesterday morning for a time and I just gave up.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lastly and to close this. I did check with the customer service desk BEFORE I went to check out.
The guy at that desk scanned and confirmed the price I read. Then the guy at check out looked at the add
said Sum Ting Wong and it should be at the sale price. Two employees agreed with me.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atwoods ad
I circled the details that it appears some miss. (The ad is expired but it is used for educational material)
20231127_185420.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom