Cabela's deceptive advertisement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
summer of s 90s GIF

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes these sales do pay off. I saw on Bookface where BPS/Cabelas was going to have a sale on Garmin sonars. The one I wanted had an MSRP of $2,999.99 (12" Echomap Ultra UHD/GT54). The next gen Ultra 2/GT56 is $3,099 (Bluetooth and extra range transducer). Well I don't need the Bluetooth or the extra range, and I wasn't gonna pay $3K, much less $3,100.

So I saw the ad posted for Black Friday only, that they were selling the outgoing Ultra/GT54 for $1,499.97. Went in on Tuesday and set up my account, looked at the early sale for the Ultra 2/GT56 at $2,499.97. Nice sale, but still a grand more than I want to pay. In the interim I got a $10 off code via email if I'd come back and buy. Waited till after midnight last night and entered the item code for the Ultra/GT54 and there it is! Added to cart, used the code and got what I wanted for $1,489.97 + tax.

Ordinarily I avoid all the Black Friday hoopla like the plague. This one was fairly easy compared to trudging out to a store at 5am in the cold. Still, you had to read the fine print and pay attention to the item code. People on Bookface were complaining that they couldn't get the deal to work because they were searching the item description and the link was broken. That was true, but if you entered the 7-digit code it took you directly to it and you could add to cart.

It pays to do your homework! :)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need a new phone. Mine is faking apart and won't hold a charge more than a couple of hours. Grumpy needs a new plan -- I LOATHE AT&T. I'm STILL not gonna go deal with either problem today. Not worth it. I'll still need a new plan and he will still need to change providers in January. 🤷

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new phone. Mine is faking apart and won't hold a charge more than a couple of hours. Grumpy needs a new plan -- I LOATHE AT&T. I'm STILL not gonna go deal with either problem today. Not worth it. I'll still need a new plan and he will still need to change providers in January. 🤷

Are you in the right thread??? Are you feeling OK? Do you and a bottle of Tequila need some alone time?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve learned to thoroughly read the ads a few times and interpret the language the least favorable way for the buyer as possible.

I bought a firearm from Atwoods this morning. The sale ad mentions, while supplies last. The store opened at 6:00, I got there at 7:30 and got number 6 out of 8 they had to sell. So that worked out for me.

IMG_8118.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom