California Gets Their Mags!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, Magpul distributed 1,500 magazines to the people of Colorado, for free, before the high capacity ban took effect and while they were planning to move out of the the state. I've been a Magpul fan ever since (actually, I was a fan beforehand but that act solidified my loyalty).

That was just the publicity event they called “Boulder Airlift”. They actually had funneled a portion of their production or dedicated it to CO before the law took effect IIRC. It was a lot more than 1500 mags.

They also put some restrictions on LE sales after the law took effect.

I liked Magpul before they did this but I loved them afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was just the publicity event they called “Boulder Airlift”. They actually had funneled a portion of their production or dedicated it to CO before the law took effect IIRC. It was a lot more than 1500 mags.

They also put some restrictions on LE sales after the law took effect.

I liked Magpul before they did this but I loved them afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those restrictions you’re talking about. I seem to recall something about that. Didn’t they turn around and say they wouldn’t sell to states LE like California or possibly even Colorado because of that? Something about if the citizens couldn’t have the mags then they wouldn’t sell to Hypocritical government states or agencies in those areas

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those restrictions you’re talking about. I seem to recall something about that. Didn’t they turn around and say they wouldn’t sell to states LE like California or possibly even Colorado because of that? Something about if the citizens couldn’t have the mags then they wouldn’t sell to Hypocritical government states or agencies in those areas
There were a few companies (Magpul was one, and maybe Barrett, and some of the AR platform manufacturers) who said they would no longer sell products to law enforcement that regular citizens in the same state couldn't buy.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There were a few companies (Magpul was one, and maybe Barrett, and some of the AR platform manufacturers) who said they would no longer sell products to law enforcement that regular citizens in the same state couldn't buy.
IIRC, Magpul didn't want to cut out county sheriff's because some of them opposed the passage of the CO mag ban publically. They did something to accommodate them but IDK what that was. I remember that in some gun circles Magpul took some heat for not cutting the state off completely like Barrett and BCM did. Just can't please some folks no matter what you do. :screwy:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, Magpul didn't want to cut out county sheriff's because some of them opposed the passage of the CO mag ban publically. They did something to accommodate them but IDK what that was. I remember that in some gun circles Magpul took some heat for not cutting the state off completely like Barrett and BCM did. Just can't please some folks no matter what you do. :screwy:
IIRC, almost all of the CO county sheriffs opposed the gun control measures that the legislature proposed and/or passed, and I seem to recall that most of them vowed not to enforce them. I hope they did find a way to accommodate them.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2020-8-17_15-20-3.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom