California Workers Arrive at Restaurant to Find It Closed Thanks to Newsom’s $20 Minimum Wage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted some food on a shooting trip and the burger meal prices even here are out of control so i went to dollar general of all the high dollar places that is one sometimes.

I got a loaf of bread and a pack of salami and a 6 pack of V8 original and still less than the burger meal at the cheapest places.
Dollar Tree now sells some of their stuff for 3 buck or 5 bucks.
But on some items, Dollar Tree is a good deal if you only need a small amount of something.

ETA: Yeah sometimes I'm frugal.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard Senator John Kennedy today say “more sheep won’t solve your wolf problem.” Raising wages isn’t going to solve the rent cost problem.
He's not wrong. The rent/rising living costs aren't going to be solved by simply raising wages.

A few stitches to a bleeding head wound won't solve an abusive spouse problem either.

It does help the immediate crisis, and perhaps give some breathing room to sort out the root cause.

Latest posts

Top Bottom