The reality of a minimum wage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wal Mart

You are too young to remember TG&Y or Otasco I bet

Nope. I googled it though. i don't know if either of those ever existed in Florida. I've only been in Oklahoma since 2009.

i'm aware of the effect wal-mart and other large corporations such as target have had on smaller stores with less bulk. that's just the free market, though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I googled it though. i don't know if either of those ever existed in Florida. I've only been in Oklahoma since 2009.

i'm aware of the effect wal-mart and other large corporations such as target have had on smaller stores with less bulk. that's just the free market, though.
No, its free trade. The free market aint supposed to include trading for free with a communist country that pays their 11 year old labor $1.10 a day while he stands in his own sewage because no one gets a bathroom break.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, its free trade. The free market aint supposed to include trading for free with a communist country that pays their 11 year old labor $1.10 a day while he stands in his own sewage because no one gets a bathroom break.

Yeah, I agree. We should have tariffs based on wages in the country.

For example, Germany has a similar average wage in the information industry and therefore should not be subject to graduated tariff. But India on the other hand...

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we will need auto mechanics, electricians, plumbers, HVAC techs, A&P mechanics or skilled trade workers to install/repair/replace for awhile. Computers and robots will continue to multiply.
My 2 cents...

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they are a union or contract worker theres a good chance their pay is tied to minimum wage and will go up accordingly.
I once worked in a union shop when that happened. About destroyed the company. overnight they had to start paying almost double.

I am pretty sure unions tie there scales to "Federal Minimum Wage"

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
...thus ensuring that those nations never rise out of poverty.
It is not the USA's job to bring other countries out of their poverty!! It is the USA's job to bring our own country out of poverty!!
re allocating American money to other nations is what is destroying this country already!
Go to Detroit, Chicago, Philly and take a look around and tell me why I should give a **** about India when we have third world conditions right here our sorry excuse for government is ignoring like it will magically disappear!! Lets fix our own house first and then worry about the rest of the world!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom