Came into a MEC 600 Jr shotshell reloader, anyone have one of these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've downloaded the product manual from MEC, and from what I can tell, it's setup for 20 gauge.

I'd like to get this thing up and running for 12 gauge, what are the parts that need to be swapped out?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a separate collet type resizer that makes things a lot simpler. Mec makes these too, and they aren't necessary, but helpful. Mec will send you instructions if you don't already have them. These are solid little reloaders. CB

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been using MEC 600Jr since before the model change.

First, you have to know is it real old model or newer model, or the current Mark 5. Parts are available for all, but some parts are different.

Secondly, to change gauges, you need a conversion kit, which is most parts besides the frame. I decided long ago that it is simpler and not all that moe expensive to have a complete loader for each gauge I use frequently.
http://www.mecreloaders.com/Order/O...0845220&Type=P&PageId=600JrMark5PartsList.asp

(You can buy the conversion kit cheaper through some retailers)

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been using MEC 600Jr since before the model change.

First, you have to know is it real old model or newer model, or the current Mark 5. Parts are available for all, but some parts are different.

Secondly, to change gauges, you need a conversion kit, which is most parts besides the frame. I decided long ago that it is simpler and not all that moe expensive to have a complete loader for each gauge I use frequently.
http://www.mecreloaders.com/Order/O...0845220&Type=P&PageId=600JrMark5PartsList.asp

(You can buy the conversion kit cheaper through some retailers)

I've got a Pre 82 600 Jr.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of like Rod on this.
It isn't much more expensive to just buy a whole new reloader and not mess with converting after noticing the cost of the conversion kit.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a mec grabber in 12 gage that I will sell you for less money than the
conversion kit will cost you, just needs powder and shoot bottles to run, the
bottles from that 600 jr will work.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a mec grabber in 12 gage that I will sell you for less money than the
conversion kit will cost you, just needs powder and shoot bottles to run, the
bottles from that 600 jr will work.

Best jump on this. These are great loaders.

I misread your post initially. Changing a loader from 20 to 12 is costly and a major pain. Once you do it, you will never want to use the loader for the alternate gague like most folks initially plan to do. CB

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have five 600 Jr's - .410, 28, 20, 16 & 12. The only minuis is the sizing step which is easier with the newer loadwers with the collet type sizing station. While I use a progressive for 16 and 12ga the 600Jr comes in handy when experimenting with loads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom