Campus Carry Bills 2017?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have there been any State representatives bring up campus carry for this legislative session? Haven't heard anything and I know alot of other states are passing campus carry so maybe we should follow their lead. Hopefully

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have there been any State representatives bring up campus carry for this legislative session? Haven't heard anything and I know alot of other states are passing campus carry so maybe we should follow their lead. Hopefully
Most gun bills are from OK Second Amendment Association. Ok2a.org finds legislators to sponsor them.
Specific bills are not posted online yet but the legislative agenda is found at http://ok2a-association.org/legislative-agenda

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ORA Sponsors some too.
I'd like to know which bills ORA sponsored. I haven't renewed my ORA membership since 2011 when the board of directors voted to oppose open carry. Not saying they haven't supported any, but a quick search didn't turn up any evidence that ORA has supported gun legislation in Oklahoma. I didn't hear or read of one instance when the ORA or NRA took a stand against the Chamber of Commerce or David Boren. The NRA, of which I am a life member, is practically absent from the state capital. At least last year NRA-ILA sent out alerts and posted updates on legislation that OK2A was working to get passed.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The president of UCO has said he will never allow guns on campus. I guess if the law said he couldn't prohibit campus carry he'd have too.
I would hope the law would include something about universities could not make policies that would prohibit licensed students or employees from carrying.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed that OK2A is really the only group that gets involved in here. The NRA, GOA and Students for Concealed carry never really seem to say much.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I retired from Higher Ed here in Oklahoma 3 years ago, after first retiring from the USMC. I worked at OSU-OKC, Oklahoma City Community College, UCO, and Redlands Community College. I think I may have been the only Administrator in Higher Ed who openly supported our 2A rights. It sure didn't gain me any favors, I can tell you that. The party line is and was: "There is no scenario where guns on campus can have a positive effect". Now, we know different, but as long as the State Regents and the University Presidents are against it, it's going nowhere. Oklahoma is slow to change...

In Oklahoma, a college campus is a fish-in-the-barrel-thing for a person intent on doing harm, bringing violence, and killing/wounding a lot of people. Sad, but that's the way it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom