Can any one explain streaming devices like amazon Fire or roku

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about that... your best bet is just stream it with one of the Kodi-accessible services after the fact. Should be available within a few hours. I do keep a ton of movies and shows on my NAS, but I just torrent those, save and organize them, then use Kodi as the frontend to access and play them through my FireTV box.

Found it:

This will give you some options. There are 7 channels that are free, or for $29 a month you can get 28 channels, and for $39 you get those 28 channels plus DVR service which is getting up into cable territory. I can do without the DVR service.

Last edited by a moderator:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you turn off automatic updates, this can be prevented.

So how does one do that? I have blocked incoming updates from Amazon on my router. Is there an easy way? I am fighting with all the downloads that is necessary to block updates. I read where Amazon can "go around" the eternal blocking on the firestick. I had-or still do a fireTV unit and had it all loaded and boom! Updates and now all I can get is blank screen if I try to use it and danged if I can find a way to straighten the Firetv out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom