Can any one explain streaming devices like amazon Fire or roku

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, from reading this I think I have established I can watch tonight's TWD episode with FireTV and Kodi. I won't be available to see it when it airs. Is the a way for me to record it to a NAS drive, computer or something to watch a few hours later? Skip commercials etc. Basically like I currently do with my TiVo.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, from reading this I think I have established I can watch tonight's TWD episode with FireTV and Kodi. I won't be available to see it when it airs. Is the a way for me to record it to a NAS drive, computer or something to watch a few hours later? Skip commercials etc. Basically like I currently do with my TiVo.

Yes there is but I don't know the details. My SIL has a NAS device and has stuff in a cloud based DVR type thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes there is but I don't know the details. My SIL has a NAS device and has stuff in a cloud based DVR type thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about that... your best bet is just stream it with one of the Kodi-accessible services after the fact. Should be available within a few hours. I do keep a ton of movies and shows on my NAS, but I just torrent those, save and organize them, then use Kodi as the frontend to access and play them through my FireTV box.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Amazon Firestick and had Kodi loaded, all the movies etc and then two nights ago Amazon updated automatically and wiped out Kodi. But, with the help of the Internet, I reloaded it better than before. The thing is, you have to side-load Kodi and Amazon can't wipe it out-whew!

Latest posts

Top Bottom