Can I take a hacksaw to it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cut it at 22, if it looks good cut it to 18.5 if it doesnt have someone cut it for you at 18.5. Post pics and let us know how it went.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't find a 18.5 barrel with a 3.5" chamber... I've found 22" turkey barrels and they're all camo.

I like the idea to cut if first longer than I plan on stopping. I might pay to have it done, but I have to talk to the gunsmith monday. I'm just being cheap.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there ain't nothing to cutting a barrel down. go slow, measure twice or 3 times, tape it off, measure and cut. carefully with file or some mild sand paper or something, remove burrs and round cut off area. done deal, cold blue. but the question comes to mind of wanting a short barrel 3.5" shorty.....jeezus give a bad guy a sporting chance. Heck you would need one of those crime scene cleaners to scoop this guy off your wall if you shoot him with that!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and I am pretty sure I wouldn't shoot that thing with a pistol grip, but a full stocked rifle would still pack a wallop. (in a painful shooter kind of way also)

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't keep 3.5's in for HD. Those are for hogs and other critters. What happened was I looked at my duck gun one day and decided it was going to get a overhaul and that a O/U would be replacing it for diner stick duties.

I have a mesa tactical LEO adapter. Pics will come when I get the bugs worked out of my set up. I'm thinking about not cutting it but sending it off to carlson for a new set of chokes and have them cut it, but the gun fund is a lil low right now.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there ain't nothing to cutting a barrel down. go slow, measure twice or 3 times, tape it off, measure and cut. carefully with file or some mild sand paper or something, remove burrs and round cut off area. done deal, cold blue. but the question comes to mind of wanting a short barrel 3.5" shorty.....jeezus give a bad guy a sporting chance. Heck you would need one of those crime scene cleaners to scoop this guy off your wall if you shoot him with that!

If they don't want to be dripping off my walls, they shouldn't come in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom