Can I take a hacksaw to it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's cut, somewhere around 18.75". I need to get pretty it up a little, but I'm happy. When I finally choke it, the 'smith might have to cut a 1/16th or so off to make it perfect but it's not bad.

I went to wal-mart to get some cold-blue and the girl tells me that they don't carry it anymore because people make meth out of it... so it's off to bass pro after school tomorrow.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, I'm done for now. I might paint it in the spring, but I'm through cutting and grinding.

35"ish overall with the stock extended, barrel is 18 5/16" "dowel rod measurement"

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2136.jpg

Mesa tactical LEO adapter kit

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2140.jpg

Factory Remington synthetic stock cut a little, the tri-rail one didn't work out for me

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2141.jpg

Factory Remington fiber optic sight, just snaps on pretty nice

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2147.jpg

Left side

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2158.jpg

Right side

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2160.jpg

Scattergun Tech mag extension, 7 rounder and the Remington sight

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2163.jpg

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet... Nice Job.....:D... Now Im off to find a El Inexpensivo 28"(They are usually cheaper ?) Now that I see it done ...Thank You:D

there used to be dealers in shotgun news and gunlist that sold factory remington barrels
when i did my 1100 the barrel i bought was like $60(but that's been quite a few years{decades?} ago)

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet... Nice Job.....:D... Now Im off to find a El Inexpensivo 28"(They are usually cheaper ?) Now that I see it done ...Thank You:D

Thank ya. It isn't really hard, but next time I'll use a hack saw to save time on the file.

It'll also have a light as soon as I find a mount that I like.

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same thing some years back with a full-choke long barrel on a Remington 1100. My job didn't come out quite so nice. Anyway, it went from a really tight pattern to kablooey wide, essentially being unchoked now.

Thought I might get a set of tubes installed someday - anyone in Tulsa who can do that for not too much money? Or since it'd just be the barrel, someplace I can send it?

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the same thing some years back with a full-choke long barrel on a Remington 1100. My job didn't come out quite so nice. Anyway, it went from a really tight pattern to kablooey wide, essentially being unchoked now.

Thought I might get a set of tubes installed someday - anyone in Tulsa who can do that for not too much money? Or since it'd just be the barrel, someplace I can send it?

Carlson. I talked to sports world and they said they mail 'em off for $140. That's about what Carlson charges. I'll check into it if I'm not happy with how buck/slugs pattern.

mr.theman

Marksman
Reaction score

Had tubes installed in my 870 for $75 by my gunsmith in Bixby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom