Can we carry at the State Fair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Ft. Smith, AR last year, there was a shooting. I'm definitely not going without defense. Even if that means staying out of buildings. It's been nice outside anyways

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The majority of the entrances of the buildings have at least one door signed. And this sign is posted at the entrance gates.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v726_abinok_IMAG0335.jpg

Of course, there were no bag searches, no metal detectors, and no scanners to image your privates for posterity. There was enough police presence to keep the bangers off the main thoroughfares, but I still saw lots of people with gbc, juarito, and the various neighbourhood sets (aka crips) "uniform" on.
maybe they figure it is cheaper,easier and less controversy to leave the SDA language off the signs.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok what about the state fair arena during the high school basketball state playoffs? It's not professional and not school grounds so good to go?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMMM....function for school event...ie. especially sports....inside a building rented or leased by the schools? Theres something about who and what the "building" is being used for....they can say no CC
again...concealed is concealed

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I asked the police :police2: several yrs ago about concealed carry on the State Fair grounds, I was first told no :angry3: guns period.. then I pointed out the SDA regulations about the fairgrounds being OK and the police reluctantly said outside was OK but not inside the buildings. When I pointed out that the State, County & City weren't actually doing offical business with the public in those buildings.. that it was the venders renting space.. not much different than if they were renting commercial business property downtown for a few weeks... I was told to contact a attorney for advice.. so the police don't even know what the law covers. :uhwhat:

I called the OSBI who is in charge of the SDA, the State Attorney General's office and the Oklahoma County D. A.'s office and was told they couldn't give out legal advice... for me to contact an attorney... several attorneys didn't know and told me to contact the OSBI, the State Attorney General's office or the Oklahoma County D. A.'s office ... it is a train wreck trying to get clarification on some of this stuff because it is so vaguely written... about like trying to untangle a birds nest. :scream:

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so if you carry where you're not supposed to, i.e. fairgrounds in this case and something goes down where you have to use your weapon. I assume since you're not supposed to have it, you would get in more trouble.

Title 21 S. 1272
The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so if you carry where you're not supposed to, i.e. fairgrounds in this case and something goes down where you have to use your weapon. I assume since you're not supposed to have it, you would get in more trouble.

Title 21 S. 1272
The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;

I thought we had clearly established the fact that fairgrounds are NOT off limits??

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom