Can we carry at the State Fair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and
7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

++++++1

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted about this last year. There are posted signs on the buildings saying you can't carry short barrel small frame revolvers. If I think about it, ill post pics when I get back on Friday or sat night.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update to the gun show thing. We called Wanenmacher's (sp?) and they said that they could not really prohibit it being it is on the fair grounds but they would prefer that you didn't. I won't say whether I did or not but it was nice to know that even they recognize the signs were worthless. Despite the fact they are the ones who put them up. Guessing for insurance purposes. Either way concealed is concealed. Don't pull it out to show your buddy or impress someone and no one should be the wiser. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS LEGAL ADVICE. YOU CARRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited:

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it me or does the law read that you can take it to the fair, just not into the buildings?
My understanding of the law is that only certain buildings are off limit.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
It would seem to me that buildings owned or leased to private vendors would not fall under that prohibition. I take it to mean public business and not someone selling souvenirs, tacos or having your palm read. I also see no "public business" being conducted in a rest room.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom