Can we carry at the State Fair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The majority of the entrances of the buildings have at least one door signed. And this sign is posted at the entrance gates.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v726_abinok_IMAG0335.jpg

Of course, there were no bag searches, no metal detectors, and no scanners to image your privates for posterity. There was enough police presence to keep the bangers off the main thoroughfares, but I still saw lots of people with gbc, juarito, and the various neighbourhood sets (aka crips) "uniform" on.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. The law says you are not prohibited from carrying at a fair but the sign posted says the exact opposite.

Michael

City parks say the same thing.

The city attorneys are incorrect and cannot prohibit carry in these places since they are pre-empted by the state.

Michael Brown

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not trying to come across as stupid, or being facetious. I read the SDA laws as posted above too; but have more than likely been ill-advised that because there are so many private vendors there, that they can post "no carry" signs...well; no matter; I don't have any guns anymore anyway.

Just bc a bunch of blood thirsty vendors decide to congregate and have a group consensus doesnt mean they can rewrite the law.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The majority of the entrances of the buildings have at least one door signed. And this sign is posted at the entrance gates. Of course, there were no bag searches, no metal detectors, and no scanners to image your privates for posterity. There was enough police presence to keep the bangers off the main thoroughfares, but I still saw lots of people with gbc, juarito, and the various neighbourhood sets (aka crips) "uniform" on.[/QUOTE]

The law is the law...an incorrectly posted sign does not change that. Fairgrounds are specifically exempt. Period, Full Stop.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The law is the law...an incorrectly posted sign does not change that. Fairgrounds are specifically exempt. Period, Full Stop.

^^This is correct,that sign has no more authority than the one outside Mazzios.Actually it has less because of the specific exemption.The way things are in these times,no way I'd go to the fair unarmed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^This is correct,that sign has no more authority than the one outside Mazzios.

Except Mazzio's is a private business and the sign serves as a warning against trespassing.

But if you get caught carrying concealed after having been notified that your presence is unwelcome, you've got bigger problems...

Latest posts

Top Bottom