Can we get rid of bounty hunters now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mean really. They have no purpose that I can see. Im surprised there weren't more killed after the Texas stunt. Most are as bad if not worse than the people they're "hunting". That was cute trying to identify as "federal agents". Just a bunch of low IQ cop wanna bes...

If you watch the video it seems onvious as they had guns drawn and were likely scared to shoot because of the backlash they would incur. And when you are that close and they go of their gun, and you have a pistol drawn you have to shoot and shoot to kill. Personally I would have done it differently but that's just me, tried to draw all people out of the office area and then send them in. I wasn't there so I don't know the whole story but both bounty hunters and the suspect died from what I read and that's just seems like poor planning

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears to be heavily regulated in most states, and some states have done away with them completely.

The only constitutional reference I can find is to bail itself, in the 8th, which speaks to excessive bail.
Correct.
Bounty Hunting History
The pursuit of fugitives for a bounty, or Bounty Hunting, became a profitable pursuit in 1679 when England’s Habeas Corpus Act guaranteed the release of accused criminals for a monetary sum. This condition was written into the American Constitution as the Eighth Amendment and the jurisdiction of the Bounty Hunter was defined in 1872 in the court case of Taylor vs. Taintor, allowing Bounty Hunters to pursue fugitives across state lines and enter their premises to detain them if they had skipped their court date after being released on bail.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bail Enforcement (Bounty Hunting) is now regulated in OK. (Title 59). Special training, education, and a license are required. It is in the best interest of the public to have bail jumping felons apprehended and the police do not have the resources to do it. A few short years ago anyone could bounty hunt, including convicted felons. Those days are now gone. As is true with any profession or trade, there will be a few bad apples. As a criminal defense attorney who represents several bondspersons, I can tell you that the profession has been greatly improved in Oklahoma.

Yes, sir. Bail Enforcement License is the most difficult license to acquire in the state of Oklahoma.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, sir. Bail Enforcement License is the most difficult license to acquire in the state of Oklahoma.

Yeah, I think Doctors, Nurses, Counselors, Electrical Journeymen etc...would disagree with that statement...at least in terms of training requirements, but I'm glad they are regulated.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Doctors, Nurses, Counselors, Electrical Journeymen etc...would disagree with that statement...at least in terms of training requirements, but I'm glad they are regulated.

I was sort of talking about other security/leo types. I figured that went without saying, but..

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Especially a OK electrical journeyman's license. Its one of the hardest to get in the country. Very few states have Electrical Journeyman's licenses that are accepted in all 50 states like the OK license is

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Especially a OK electrical journeyman's license. Its one of the hardest to get in the country. Very few states have Electrical Journeyman's licenses that are accepted in all 50 states like the OK license is
That is exactly correct. When you earn that license, you have the run of the country to work in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom