Can you spot the problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This "little" issue left me stranded on the side of HWY 62 between Meeker and Prague for 5 hours last Sunday night.

1694620599045.jpeg
1694620620066.jpeg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need more friends that can tow you home with a rope.
Friends and relatives call me all the time if I am home to go fix their stuff or drag them home.

Probably know I will always have something that runs.

While doable, 50 miles, through traffic, at night, is a bit much for a rope....

Insurance should reimburse about 1/2. So all in, I'll be out about $300 for the tow and repairs.

Now I just need to find some replacement vacuum lines. When the belt went it snapped one of the hard plastic lines. I have it patched together with some stiff rubber fuel hose atm, but not sure how long that will hold up. I can't seem to locate any replacements though. Anyone know where to find them for a 92 Chevy C2500 w/ 350 TBI?

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good news is it was under warranty and only cost me a belt to get it running again.

View attachment 410114

The tow bill back to OKC was a different story though........

Those weekend after hours rates are a doosy.....

View attachment 410120
Ouch! That hurts.

I recently had a bad alternator leave me stranded in MWC at 2am. Fortunately I was with my cousin in his own car so we pushed it into a business parking lot and he gave me a ride to Shawnee and back the next day to fix it after picking up parts on the way. Without his help I would have been out a lot more money than I was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom