Can you spot the problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
boycott AAA ,they have a ANTI performance stance,, since the mid 1980's ,,u get fewer tows per year if you drive a "unreliable" performance vehicle..

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear tell those road side services are not worth **** either. Long waits are still an issue. Best to have some buds around!

The wait wasn't as much of an issue as the run around to ultimately be told that I was SOL and I'd "just have to figure it out." I was (and still am) livid about that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Towing my sons 2016 Freightliner Cascadia.
1694636373632.png

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the big difference (to me) I find between AAA and Good Sam.

Good Sam - Unlimited-distance towing to the nearest service center. (Additional fees may apply to tow to location of customer's choosing.)
AAA - If your disabled vehicle cannot be driven safely, it will be towed to location of choice (certain miles apply) or back to responding AAA facility. (Plus plan= Up to 100 miles or back to responding facility.)

It looks like AAA gives the better flexibilty on getting it home. And since I do a lot of my own work I wouldn't typically have it towed to a shop.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the big difference (to me) I find between AAA and Good Sam.

Good Sam - Unlimited-distance towing to the nearest service center. (Additional fees may apply to tow to location of customer's choosing.)
AAA - If your disabled vehicle cannot be driven safely, it will be towed to location of choice (certain miles apply) or back to responding AAA facility. (Plus plan= Up to 100 miles or back to responding facility.)

It looks like AAA gives the better flexibilty on getting it home. And since I do a lot of my own work I wouldn't typically have it towed to a shop.
Makes since I’m good working on my ‘72 El Camino or ‘94 Jeep but I’m over my head with the 2015 F150 or 2019 Chevy RV and those 2 are the ones usually out a ways from home.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never bought a vehicle I am not going to work on myself.
You rich guys can probably afford the towing.
:)

I had a starter go out on my 82 mustang the original went 300,000 miles and the replacement that went out on me went 40,000.
I was at a Bank in OKC and pulled the starter in the parking lot and started walking to the Autozone to get it replaced under warranty.
Had a piece of cardboard in the trunk and used it as a glove to keep that hot sucker from cooking my hand while I was on my journey.

I would hate to have to walk 50 miles though. A few miles not so bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom