Can you spot the problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn’t far from you. I’d of gotten you off the road.
Thankfully I had just enough warning to get off on a gravel side road. That's about the only thing that went right.

There is an entire story as to why I was stuck there for 5 hours. But in the end I managed to get a hold of Arrow Wrecker out of OKC and they were not only as prompt as possible, but called me with constant updates and ETAs, and the driver was even nice enough to stop at a gas station on the way home so I could get something to eat.

The whole mess has me seriously thinking about AAA. Does anyone have them? What do you think? Do they provide good, quality service? Is it true they will cover any vehicle you are in?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully I had just enough warning to get off on a gravel side road. That's about the only thing that went right.

There is an entire story as to why I was stuck there for 5 hours. But in the end I managed to get a hold of Arrow Wrecker out of OKC and they were not only as prompt as possible, but called me with constant updates and ETAs, and the driver was even nice enough to stop at a gas station on the way home so I could get something to eat.

The whole mess has me seriously thinking about AAA. Does anyone have them? What do you think? Do they provide good, quality service? Is it true they will cover any vehicle you are in?
I had AAA but changed to Good Sam when I purchased my RV.. Yes, I'm pretty sure it covers YOU, no matter what vehicle your in. I HAD a policy with GWRRA for the motorcycle.....that sucked big time. I needed them once when my motorcycle trailer blew a tire......in the middle of NOWHERE Texas hill country. All they had to do was bring me a tire/wheel that could be obtained at most any Tractor Supple, etc. Showed up with just a tire.....know how difficult it is to mount a new small tire at midnight with minimal tools? by the policy I should have only been responsible for the cost if the tire........yeah right.....but what can you do at the time? complained and fired them the next day

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check with your insurance company also most has a road side policy you can add and it covers all vehicles, i know we had it for awhile and was like $5 a month extra, but wife used it so much in a short time period they canceled it. And now that she has a better vehicle havent checked back into it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Check with your insurance company also most has a road side policy you can add and it covers all vehicles, i know we had it for awhile and was like $5 a month extra, but wife used it so much in a short time period they canceled it. And now that she has a better vehicle havent checked back into it.
I can add it for $6 a month but my vehicle is too old.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That "Left me on the road side" policy is where the 5 hours stuck there came from......

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arrow wrecker has been good for me when I buy at their auctions.
Seems like a lot of good guys there all the time.
That rubber hose if it fits well will last just as long as the plastic if you keep oil off of it.
Black Zip tie it tighter if you need to.
Or carefully use a hose clamp.
I fixed that hard plastic stuff on fuel lines with rubber fuel hose and clamps. Chevy front wheel drive vehicle.

50 miles with a rope through traffic with a slow car may be sucky the 57 gets it on and blends right in.

I pulled a Porsche back from Dallas at night with my 82 Mustang for my Mother-in-law years ago.
Pulled her and her husband to Moore OK, that 200" inline 6 did excellent. 65 MPH down the highway.

I am no stranger to traffic or pulling someone.

I had my 306" 1982 full size Ford van with my trailer in tow and 2 riding mowers on it and snatched onto a broke down car on the side of the highway for my buddy.
Chain on the end of the trailer towing him to Prague with his newly acquired mowers.

:)
I always see it as Challenge accepted.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arrow wrecker has been good for me when I buy at their auctions.
Seems like a lot of good guys there all the time.
That rubber hose if it fits well will last just as long as the plastic if you keep oil off of it.
Black Zip tie it tighter if you need to.
Or carefully use a hose clamp.
I fixed that hard plastic stuff on fuel lines with rubber fuel hose and clamps. Chevy front wheel drive vehicle.

50 miles with a rope through traffic with a slow car may be sucky the 57 gets it on and blends right in.

I pulled a Porsche back from Dallas at night with my 82 Mustang for my Mother-in-law years ago.
Pulled her and her husband to Moore OK, that 200" inline 6 did excellent. 65 MPH down the highway.

I am no stranger to traffic or pulling someone.

I had my 306" 1982 full size Ford van with my trailer in tow and 2 riding mowers on it and snatched onto a broke down car on the side of the highway for my buddy.
Chain on the end of the trailer towing him to Prague with his newly acquired mowers.

:)
I always see it as Challenge accepted.

Thanks for the info. The rubber fuel hose is a tight fit. It took some effort to get it on and it's not going anywhere. I still have about a foot of it left that I'll just keep in the toolbox. If it will hold up then I won't worry to much about it.

securityinfo

Marksman
Reaction score

So, AAA. I have had them for 45 years. In the old days, they would tow anytime, any number of times per year. I had many a friend's vehicle towed. Then they got wise an limited it to some number of tows per year, based on membership. As I always tended to drive fender-flapping turd-tumblers, it made sense. But I always got the extended mileage towing option, which brought the total cost up to a couple of hundred dollars a year. i recently had to use them, and they were pretty fast to get to me, but that may have mostly been luck. I don't think they do anything for commercial vehicles, but you could give them a call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom