cannon shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I build and shoot model cannons. Does anyone else here shoot them? I am looking for like minded souls.

I shot with the South African Model Cannon club in Durban South Africa 2006-2008. I also shot in both Cut Bank Cannon conventions in Montana in 2009 and 2011. But I mainly just haul one to the range once in a while and punch paper.

I have a number of them.

50 cal Brooks SAMCC
www.fototime.com_833767E0121C962_medium800.jpg

1 inch M-1841 Cairo gun.
www.fototime.com_02D60D17FBBF8A7_medium800.jpg

1 inch Books/Elledge Napoleon
www.fototime.com_6449BF4A06CEBA2_medium800.jpg

1.68 inch(Golf ball size ) of 8 inch siege howitzer.
www.fototime.com_5096BCBE2D50B0D_standard.jpg

Carpenter Dictator "Pop-can" Mortar.
www.fototime.com_1C3E9BD7F62950E_standard.jpg

I have others, but right now these are my main guns. I shoot Zinc round ball in the golf ball and Pop can size guns. Lead in the smaller guns. I just got an order of 1 inch zinc round balls to try in the Napoleon.

Any body else shoot cannons?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't any personally, but there's a man from Fairview that brings his bowling ball cannon to a "Man Day" gathering every spring.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The golf ball cannon has potential for some fun. I’ve thought about getting an adapter for my AR that allows you to shoot golf balls with blank ammo.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those little BB cannons are as cute as the devil. But don't forget for one second they aren't "real" guns, https://imgur.com/gallery/hzzbV

The little golf ball mortars are lots of fun. Use about 20-25 grains of FFg and expect about 100 yards max range. You can get more range, but why, you can't see them fly or where they land,so where is the fun.

Cannons use larger charges and velocity is to higher. The balls just hook and slice, just like me when i tried golf. The salvation here is to order golf ball size zinc round balls from Rotometals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom