Car lift required...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunluvingirl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may have seen this post on another forum and I know the chances are slim-to-none but I gotta ask. Does anyone, here in OKC, have a car lift/rack I can use? Need to replace the postive battery cable on my 76 Stingray which runs from the battery box inside the car, under the body, over the trans, and ending at the starter. It's one of those things that isn't that hard to do but is impossible to do without a lift. I have a modified set of jack stands which I added a safety pin but I simply can't get the car high enough for comfortable clearance plus don't want to get crushed. The car shop wants way too much money so kinda stuck.

I've considered making some wheel cribbing so i can set the tires on the cribbing raising her to a comfortable height but the wood would be about $100.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a modified set of jack stands which I added a safety pin but I simply can't get the car high enough for comfortable clearance plus don't want to get crushed. Ive considered making some wheel cribbing so i can set the tires on the cribbing raising her to a comfortable height but the wood would be about $100.

That sounds like an accident waiting to happen. (Im east of Tulsa wish I could help).

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Stillwater, but you are welcome to drive up and use mine. Looks like this: tn[1].jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some jack stands that are tall enough I just sold my 76 vette.
I made ramps that will allow you to drive it up on a trailer and you can use the ramps if you need them.
They are 6 feet long.
But they are flat ramps you need to prop them up on something if you need to crawl under it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom