Car seat holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the same situation with work. I've already had pistols stolen out of the truck. So I have been looking at the Micro Gun Vaults lately. I really like the BioMetric. Just mount it under the dash, maybe upside down so the pistol drops into your hand? Handy but still locked up when you leave it.

http://www.gunvault.com/microvault.html

I want the single finger set up. I need to find the site again. You could buy just the lock to add to whatever you wanted locked. You could program up to 8 codes ie; right index, left index, wife's and whoever else you wanted access. I find it again I need to order and start playing...

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about in the trunk? I've looked at installing a holster to the trunk lid of my car. I can adjust the spring tension also to account for the little extra weight. I always figured if you were going to be carjacked it would be while you are getting to your car or out of it, and already out of reaching distance of your gun. If you are pulled over while driving your best bet is to just drive off. This would also keep it from getting stolen, because even if someone got into your trunk I really doubt they would ever look up on the lid.

Now if you're talking about carrying CCW and then needing somewhere to put it while you are gone, proly a gun vault type thing would be best just so it would be secure in case someone broke into it.

I think one of the craftiest holsters I had seen was one that was made from a large plastic cup you would get from a convenience store, it had a resin inside with a mold of your gun and you just put it on with a lid on it and you could just reach in and grab it. Unfortunetaly the company caved due to some liberal police department sent them a letter and put out a memo about it because it could be used by criminals. But it is no different than a holster, it can be used by either side and it's not the fault of the maker.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow this line of reasoning. The chances of me getting robbed is slim, but I carry a gun. The chance of me getting in a wreck is against the odds, but I carry insurance. The chance of my car breaking down is slim but I carry jumper cables, oil, tranny fluid, etc. The chance of someone mistaking me for George Clooney is slim, but I still carry a condom, just in case.....:D

trust me I get the odds don't matter when it happens to you - my reasoning is simple - If the thief wants your car they will get it - if they try to carjack you getting into a shootout there is not the brightest idea. Considering they most likely have their weapon already on you or at you and well you are in a car if nobody is in front of you or behind you leave. Otherwise attention to detail

I am all for securing your weapon, being prepared. But if you carry a gun in case of being robbed you may rethink your reasoning. Not wanting to debate and argue reasons for carrying or anything like that just felt like responding with some clarification.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you find an idea online or have an idea yourself, I can make it for you. I make custom holsters.

Check this out: I have a friend at work that wants an OWB Small of back horizontal draw CROSSBREED style holster. It's going to be sweet.

If you know where you want to mount, the gun shoot me a pic or an idea.

I make custom holsters also of the crossbreed variety, but I don't see how you could make a crossbreed style holster for OWB?? You mean just a kydex holster with leather backing that rights OWB?

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now if you're talking about carrying CCW and then needing somewhere to put it while you are gone,

That's the idea. Not necessarily a vault, it would take too long to access, secure during driving, easily accessible, out of sight.
Years ago I used the center panel, there was space under the radio for sunglasses etc, converted it to gun storage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom