Side car style appendix holster or seperated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying vedder iwb light tuck holsters and the mag carrier separately for appendix carry. Now I'm seeing a lot of side car style with the two connected and was wondering if I was missing anything.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t really understand appendix carry. It looks cool in the movies, but then nobody in the movies ever gets sent to the hoosegow for smoking a bystander really fast. I’m too fat or too short coupled to pull it off anyway. I either get jabbed in the junk or jeet kun do’d in the solar plexus. Despite the rumors, I can find my ass with both hands so IWB at four and two mags at seven always seems to work for me. The time it takes to clear a shirt and draw can be used to scan the area and figure some things out. Of course I kind of like a Miami Classic shoulder rig on occasion.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last summer I had a clerk in a store pin me with conversation about my OC. He wanted to make certain I knew he belonged to the EDC club as well, but had to brag about how much faster his appendix draw must be than my 4:30 IWB.

When I asked what kind of holster he used, he had to walk down the entire length of the counter to reach into a drawer to retrieve his gun so he could answer. Yeah...much faster draw. This has been my experience with appendix carriers. That might be where the gun goes on your waste, but 99% of the time they don't even have the gun ON them. But they'll argue all day and night about how comfortable and fast a draw it is. It's laughable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom