Carly Fiorina For Pres. How do you feel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been trying to read up on Carly Fiorina. She is considering running for pres in 2016. This is the woman that was narrowly defeated by Barbara Boxer in 2010 (I think). Here is what I like about her-

Self-made. She worked her way up from secretary to CEO in the tech industry. She was the HP CEO that guided the company through the tech bubble burst and the big HP merger. In the end, she was forced out by the executives because they didn't like her strategy.

She is not a career politician- She is 60 years old and this will be just the second time she has run for office. I like that.

She would remove Hillary's "girl-power", forcing HC to run on her actual accomplishments, not her name and "let's make history" BS.

What the detractors say is that under Fiorina, HP saw a 50-percent decline in value, but what they don't tell you is that the devaluation came during the tech bubble, when all tech companies saw massive devaluations, you can't pin that all on her. And her replacement, Mark Hurd, was far worse. Also considered one of the "worst CEOs"- Meg Whitman, the woman who masterminded EBay's rise to dominance in the online resale marketplace. So, yeah take that worst CEO crap with a huge grain of salt.

What do you guys think?

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think she would be a good pick for a VP on Pauls ticket.

A rational choice that unfortunately would end up costing votes instead of gaining votes if that Clinton person ends up being the Dem nominee.

A woman for Pres for the democrats. A woman for Republican Vice Pres (can anyone say - playing 2nd fiddle to the male candidate) would be an emotional plus for the Dems (masters at playing the heart card) and a loser for the Repubs (who just don't get how important playing to the heart is when it comes to politics).

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She's score high on "image" and probably do well with the low-information crowd. But, we really have no idea how she would govern or protect our freedoms. She's saying the right stuff, but who knows what she'd do once there.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She could probably prove useful on the cabinet or as a secretary because of her global business experience.... But I don't want her as president. /worked at HP during her tenure(in ProCurve division which was run by Hurd at the time)

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She would remove Hillary's "girl-power", forcing HC to run on her actual accomplishments, not her name and "let's make history" BS.

She is strong on the issues but it won't negate HC's girl power argument.

The left loves their poorly qualified candidates of minority, simply because they are minority, but they love to vilify highly qualified candidates of minority on the other side of the aisle.

Put it simply, anyone who is in the Hillary camp isn't going to leave it for Fiorina. They will attack her vigorously while at the same time screaming sexism at anyone who attacks Hillary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom