CARRY RIFLES?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the training and skills of the person carrying the gun if everyone in the park was better protected or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At the least, there would be a gun there other than whatever the miscreant soul would have brought. That equates to better protected than no guns in the intended victims hands.

Woody

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
At the least, there would be a gun there other than whatever the miscreant soul would have brought. That equates to better protected than no guns in the intended victims hands.

Woody

Unless he starts spraying bullets around and striking innocent bystanders.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Depends. My guess is some of these tacticool Rambo wannabes couldn’t hit their own a— with both hands. If they are properly trained and know how to hit their target then maybe. Saying this, I also realize a lot of police officers aren’t exactly marksmen either.
Years ago I was shooting a pistol match at a place called The Shooting Iron out by Bethel Acres. One of the competitors was wearing a Del City Swat uniform. I RO’d him one stage. After a fast volley of shots at a whopping distance of 7 yards he didn’t put a single round on a B27 target. I swear I thought he had mistakenly loaded blanks.
I’m a fair shot on a good day. With the adrenaline and mayhem of an actual shooting, I’d be very careful where I’d shoot, if at all. You’re accountable for every bullet fired. Maybe the guys who carry rifles into public places are highly trained marksmen but my guess would be a no. I’d definitely not want to be within earshot of an AR going off inside a building.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever think of this? Would this guy with the AR visible in a sling be the first one picked up on by the cops IF there was a shooting in his general vicinity? Just running through some common sense scenarios here.

I also have cop buds in Commifornia who do not carry guns or creds off duty because they would get shot first by the criminals if they were even suspected of being cops. I don't really get it but it's their choice. One of them cited a guy accidentally flashed his badge getting a soda and another was in a laundromat bending over his gun and badge showing.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It must go through a more rigorous process the way I understand it and its not as simply as I read it in your earlier post.
I didn't say it was simple, just that they could do it, but it's really not that difficult--if they don't have to override a veto, all it takes is a simple majority vote on a fairly simple bill to repeal it.

If it were actual "constitutional carry" (i.e, we had amended the state constitution), it would be much more difficult.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If it were actual "constitutional carry" (i.e, we had amended the state constitution), it would be much more difficult.

Now there's a thought. As often as our state constitution is amended, it shouldn't be that difficult. Then again, as often as our constitution is ignored, what would be the use?

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom