eBikes & Scooters vs gasoline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i saw something like that near my house on a trail path,, one wheel no seat, just two foot stands where you put your feet on and then just stand up..

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Electric unicycles? NOPE! lol
Some can get 100 miles on a single charge! There's a lot of them out here in Cali. The good ones have suspension. They are self balancing like a segway. I can't do it, too much invested with my knees. I was going to sell my WaveRunner to get one before I found out that I needed Bi lateral TKR. LOL

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Didn't read the whole
thread.
i've Been hearing a lot of negative reviews in the cyclig community about short life of the batteries. Like several months.
Buyer beware

Sneeker

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
We have two Radrunner e-bikes from Rad Power Bikes. Have had them for about 4 years. They can get up to about 25 mph and we have gone about 27 miles on one charge. Have been happy with them. No issues whatsoever.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Didn't read the whole
thread.
i've Been hearing a lot of negative reviews in the cyclig community about short life of the batteries. Like several months.
Buyer beware
Yeah the electric scooter my daughter has needs a new battery and they been out of stock for months. It lasted maybe a year or two with not much riding. Not good.

I wonder if the 50cc scooters can ride on roads or trails like bicycles legally?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought multiple eBikes: Rad, Ariel Ryder, Lectric, Jetsun and another brand I can't remember offhand. They are fun for the kids and have been pretty durable. Best bang for the Buck is the Lectric brand, IMO

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pedego dealer in OKC lets you take an hour test drive, or you can rent one for longer. They have quite a few different models.
I've got the Element, I ride if off road sometimes and on paved trails. I love it.
Donner is right about battery problems, get a known well established brand, and don't try to hot rod it with a bigger motor and battery from China.
I rode a few of those too. I liked them but the pricetag and battery scare puts me off completely. Give me liquid dinosaurs any day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom