eBikes & Scooters vs gasoline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pedego dealer in OKC lets you take an hour test drive, or you can rent one for longer. They have quite a few different models.
I've got the Element, I ride if off road sometimes and on paved trails. I love it.
Donner is right about battery problems, get a known well established brand, and don't try to hot rod it with a bigger motor and battery from China.

What is the range on a charge?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the range on a charge?

The one I have they claim 20-40 miles, depending on terrain, wind, rider weight, how much boost you use, etc.
I've never run mine below about half charge, I would guess that's about 15 or so miles.
I like going to the trails at Arcadia; the paved trails are nice and they have off road trails that aren't too extreme. 2 trips out there gets me to about half charge.
It takes 4 hours to charge regardless of how far down it is.
You can get a larger battery from Pedego, I just didn't think I would need it, haven't so far.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I have they claim 20-40 miles, depending on terrain, wind, rider weight, how much boost you use, etc.
I've never run mine below about half charge, I would guess that's about 15 or so miles.
I like going to the trails at Arcadia; the paved trails are nice and they have off road trails that aren't too extreme. 2 trips out there gets me to about half charge.
It takes 4 hours to charge regardless of how far down it is.
You can get a larger battery from Pedego, I just didn't think I would need it, haven't so far.
Thats not bad.
Is there a special kinda charger or can you charge away from home?

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i rented a Lime ,when i could to get to a job,,the standup scooters are fun, but you get tired of standing after 15 minutes,,larger tires make for a smoother ride..the pedal assist bicycles worked good,,u sit on like a regular bike and pedal,when u want e power..securing the scooters is a problem,,need a bracket welded on it and then a thick cable or chain..they have kits to add a motor(electric or gas) to a bicycle..gas motor has to be small and cant go over 30 mph i think..

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i rented a Lime ,when i could to get to a job,,the standup scooters are fun, but you get tired of standing after 15 minutes,,larger tires make for a smoother ride..the pedal assist bicycles worked good,,u sit on like a regular bike and pedal,when u want e power..securing the scooters is a problem,,need a bracket welded on it and then a thick cable or chain..they have kits to add a motor(electric or gas) to a bicycle..gas motor has to be small and cant go over 30 mph i think..

Gas motors have to be 50cc’s or less. There isn’t a speed limit to on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom