Casa Bonita started in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never went there but my FIL always talked about going there and getting caught in the "potty" line if you asked where the bathroom way...or something along those lines.

It was an OKC institution and the owner wrote a book about it, though for life of me I cannot remember the title of it.
That was Molly Murphys.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the Jaguar XKE salad bar.....

That's right!! I remember hearing that it was a functioning car before they converted it into a soup and salad bar. That thing was fantastic. Series 1 E Type Convertible. Beautiful car, and probably drove those highfalutin types crazy!

1629210397063.png

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's right!! I remember hearing that it was a functioning car before they converted it into a soup and salad bar. That thing was fantastic. Series 1 E Type Convertible. Beautiful car, and probably drove those highfalutin types crazy!

View attachment 218587

Ate at MM's also, pure entertainment food wasn't that good.

Last edited:

tkdgeek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes there were cliff divers at the Denver location.
OKC was my first, way back. I remember the flag being the coolest part! Quite a few years later got to visit Tulsa when I 'think' it was the last in OK. It was definitely showing its age. When I lived in Lakewood I was able to go see that one and watch the divers. Very nostalgic to eat there then being 30's with a new child of my own. All the first one had was a flag. Lakewood the flag was definitely not the main attraction anymore, Ha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom