Casa Bonita started in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crystals pizza had awesome games and the cartoon room to eat in.

Anyone remember Stampedes on 63rd and May? They had that huge slide and mechanical bull.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being a farm boy in NW Oklahoma I never heard of Casa Bonita until we went to the second state fair in Tulsa while in FFA. Our Ag teacher took us to it one night. He ordered a sopapilla and instead of waiting for it to cool or cutting it he grabbed it and bit into it. He then proceeded to scream, "GD that's hot!" We didn't know whether to laugh or crawl under the table as we all had our FFA jackets on with the name of our school on the back.

Mr. Harp was fanning his tongue when it all calmed down.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never went there but my FIL always talked about going there and getting caught in the "potty" line if you asked where the bathroom way...or something along those lines.

It was an OKC institution and the owner wrote a book about it, though for life of me I cannot remember the title of it.

I don't think that was Casa Bonita', at least I never saw that there.

Where I saw that was at Molly Muphy's down on Meridian.

edit - should have read all the way thru before posting. My bad.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We frequented the one in Lakewood up until COVID shut them down last year. The place was nasty, I'm pretty sure it was the real epicenter of COVID! It hadn't changed in 30 years but the grandkids loved the cliff diver and the arcade. The food was decent and since the kids loved it we went every chance we could. I wouldn't travel through Lakewood without a gun, Colfax on the west side is a den of hookers, homeless and crackheads. I'd go back in an instant but the grandkids moved.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Ate at the Denver location in the 70s and later in OKC and Tulsa. My kids thought it was the greatest place in the world.

Dad was stationed at Lowery AFB in the early '70s, we ate at Casa Bonita several times while we were there. Ate at the Tulsa location both in the late '70s and early '90s

Latest posts

Top Bottom