Case & Associates Properties, Inc. - Posting of no gun sign at all locations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case many of you do not know, Case & Associates Properties, Inc. are the biggest apartment and commercial renting/leasing company in Tulsa (maybe other locations) and I happen to notice they put up no gun signs on their office (I live in Coffee creek in Owasso). I immediately sent our main office and the main head quarters office an email which stated:

Greetings,

Today I went to stop by the office and noticed you have chosen to ban firearms within your office as noted on the front and back entrance. As such, I have chosen to start searching for a new place to live after my current lease is up. Citizens are legally allowed to carry firearms concealed (with a valid license) to protect themselves and their families in case someone else threatens to harm them. Understand I have gone through countless background checks and have a clean/spotless record. I also perform duties, job related, that require me to carry concealed.

By prohibiting all weapons, you have disarmed and made helpless anyone who enters your office—except for criminals, who won’t follow your policy anyway. In essence, you’ve made your office more dangerous for patrons who carry legally...and safer for criminals.

I have lived here for almost a year and half and would ask that you please consider changing your policy. There may come a time when an armed, law-abiding citizen stands between you and an armed criminal.

The GM of our grounds called me within 15 minutes and we had a pleasant conversation which basically informed me due to the open carry law starting Nov 1st their company wanted all locations to put up the sign. Of course I didn't argue but figured everyone might want to know.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like what they meant to say was no open carried guns in their offices. We're all gonna have to come to grips with the fact that some people are very nervous about open carry. Don't expect a lot of totally rational responses to open carry.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like what they meant to say was no open carried guns in their offices. We're all gonna have to come to grips with the fact that some people are very nervous about open carry. Don't expect a lot of totally rational responses to open carry.

Yes you are right and I told our manager I totally understood.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy who had to move out of his in apartment in Tulsa a couple of years ago because management found out he had a pistol and he hadn't read the fine print in the lease.
Google "guns not allowed in apartments", it appears more common than one might think. And always read the fine print just in case.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you realize that the upper management at Case and Associates could care less about your email. Most decent apartment complexes have waiting list for avail apartments. They also know 99% of the people who complain about this will quietly fade away and not really put their "money where their mouth is"... They also know that a person who is carrying concealed will most likely not advertise the fact and therefore will continue to carry concealed while visiting their properties without making a big deal about it. Enjoy your move, and find comfort in knowing they will have your unit rented out before you carry your last box out..

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stayed at a Case property a few years ago. They already had a No Guns sign up, so I asked who I should talk to about the sign, because of CCW. The manager said that Case made them put that there, but she didn't care what they thought. She also said something like "Well, it's concealed, isn't it? So how would I know if you had one?"

So it would be worth talking to the manager there to see what they think about it.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enjoy your move, and find comfort in knowing they will have your unit rented out before you carry your last box out..

Highly doubt that my friend as they have had a hard time renting the empty units they have had since the grounds opened up over a year and half ago but regardless thank you for your kind and warming words.

To others; It is what it is, new sign here. I just wanted to inform others who might deal with this leasing company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom