Case cleaning question??? Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh... i just poured in 500 shut the lid and turned it on. :-) I think there is way too much brass in there.. how do you separate? This tumbler is not that big.

B

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh... i just poured in 500 shut the lid and turned it on. :-) I think there is way too much brass in there.. how do you separate? This tumbler is not that big.

B
I got one of these from Midway:

[Broken External Image]

A large collander will work. But I wouldn't use it in the kitchen after sifting your media and cases due to the lead. The priming compound is made with lead styphnate in it. If you nab your wife's buy her a new one. The good thing about the one above is, it works with a 5 gallon plastic bucket perfectly.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I added more media and it is moving pretty good. maybe it will work after all. Still have no idea how to separate it.. i'm thinking colander...

B

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also.. how do I separate it from the walnuts? I just took a peek.. after 30 mins I don't see much difference in the brass.. maybe i overloaded it.. It wasn't that dirty to begin with though.

B

I usually put 3 handfulls of brass in my small Lyman tumbler. I have foudn that the less brass the shinier it gets. If I load it up I think the brass rubs on each other and causes a dull finish???

I run mine 2-3 hours. Anything less and it isn't shiny enough for me. Anything more and it doesn't seem to get too much more shine on it.

BAPD193

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a jug of walnut at bass pro. Think it was tuf-nut or somthing close to that. It already has the polish mixed in and I just ran a couple hundred rounds of 40 in it. It worked great. It was 16 bucks but it seems like it's going to last a long time! We will see!

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one thing I do like from Frankford Arsenal is their corn cob media, I also like their polish. I will mix it with walnut shells on my real dirty old range pickup stuff then run it through straight corn cob for the shine. I will also use the green Lyman treated media (sometimes mixed with regular), it's a bit bigger but shines nice.
I've got a 40lb bag of the Grainger small corn cob blasting media ($20 I think)that I will try when my FA runs out. NuFinish also seems to work good for me, once my other polish runs out will make the switch to Nu.

Balls, dude.

I've been using this and this that I mixed 50-50 for the last couple of years. After I made the pet store corncob mistake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom