Case trimming made easy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All you need to do now is motorize the cutter. Nice!

The cylinder did come with two proximity switches, and we have some older Allen Bradley PLC's that are destined to be recycled.......Hmmmm...full auto?
LoL! I think I'll just get another foot switch thats a little more robust, and call it a job. :D

That is exactly where i thought you were going with that idea. Nice execution sir.

Thank you sir! It was a fun project.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is very nice. Watching that makes me long for the old days when I had the run of a machine shop. The toys that I could and did make........
Oh well, Nice job Dennis.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to get another air cylinder and mount that pnuematic motor you have the chamfering tool in to the cutter. Put the motor on a slide and leave it turning then use the extra cylinder to push the turning cutter on the slide into the brass. You could still put the chamfer tool back in the motor to use it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to get another air cylinder and mount that pnuematic motor you have the chamfering tool in to the cutter. Put the motor on a slide and leave it turning then use the extra cylinder to push the turning cutter on the slide into the brass. You could still put the chamfer tool back in the motor to use it.

Well, the tool that the champhering tool is in would be a Hornady case prep with a single station. Electric powered.
The later models have three power heads, and I'm in the market for one of those.
But you did give me an idea. I'll work out the logistics and see what I can come up with. Also thinking of a cammed lever arm to advance and retract the cutting tool.
Thanks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keeps me out of the bars. Lol.

Yeah, I could buy something, that would do it all, but its fun building stuff to play with. I've got about $35 bucks in the whole rig so far using surplus parts, and the original case trimmer that was given to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom